Yamaha C1X Grand Piano
A very well scaled piano with enriching tenor and upper registers and of course a highly refined action.
The Yamaha C1X is our favourite mid-tier small grand, provided you can’t squeeze in the C2X!
- Yamaha CX Series (Conservatoire)
- Grand Pianos
- H: 101cm - W: 149cm - L: 161cm
- Our Price
- Available to order. Ask us now for current timescale. May be available from UK / European warehouse or inbound shipment.
Buy the Yamaha C1X Grand Piano with Venables Pianos and receive complimentary benefits for added value and assurance:
- PreparationVenables are highly-regarded for our piano preparation standards. Full regulation, pedal adjustment, voicing and fine tuning ensures peak performance of your piano before despatch. Bespoke adjustments? No problem.
- DeliveryPrompt delivery from stock by our expert piano moving teams (mainland UK, easy access, excl. stairs).
- StoolSolo, height adjustable piano stool of sturdy build with wide range of adjustment.
- TuningOur after-sale technician network assures you of a local tuner technician to visit for a complementary tuning 4-8 weeks post-delivery (mainland UK).
Yamaha C1X Grand Piano
The Yamaha C1X 5’3″ Conservatoire series small grand delivers warmth and body usually un-found in grands of this size. We aren’t saying it has the bass of a 6′ example, but for sure, we’d select the new C1X over an earlier example of a C2. A very well scaled piano with enriching tenor and upper registers and of course a highly refined action.
The new C1X represents the first model in the CX series grands – which are developed for professional and institutional applications. With such popularity in the leading music schools in the World, Yamaha Conservatoire grand pianos are incredibly appealing for personal use too. Highly popular for the home, aspiring piano student/enthusiast and indeed the classroom.
As with all small grands, if accommodation and budget permit, a slightly larger example will reward you with a more balanced bass, richer tenor and wider range. In the case of the Yamaha C1X, the temptation to step up to the C2X is too hard to ignore. For just £1,000 – you can grow the 5’3″ into a more balanced 5’8″ C2X and we highly recommend it too. The improvement relative to the modest premium calls needs little thinking.
We’ll summarise this review as the C1X is our favourite mid-tier small grand, provided you can’t squeeze in the C2X!