The Yamaha U1 is an industry standard instrument. With a responsive touch, wide dynamic range and good sustain, the professional series Yamaha U1 upright has become an established favorite amongst institutions, tutors, students and in the home.
- Yamaha U Series (Professional)
- Upright Pianos
- H: 121cm - W: 153cm - L: 62cm
- Our Price
- Available to order (typically 2 weeks)
Buy the Yamaha U1Q with Venables Pianos and receive complimentary 5 star benefits for added value and assurance:
- PreparationVenables are highly-regarded for our piano preparation standards. Full regulation, pedal adjustment, voicing and fine tuning ensures peak performance of your piano before despatch. Bespoke adjustments? No problem.
- DeliveryPrompt delivery from stock by our expert piano moving teams (mainland UK, easy access, excl. stairs).
- StoolSolo, height adjustable piano stool of sturdy build with wide range of adjustment.
- TuningOur after-sale technician network assures you of a local tuner technician to visit for a complementary tuning 4-8 weeks post-delivery (mainland UK).
- UpgradeUgrade your piano at any time and receive a guaranteed buy back of the amount paid less VAT against advertised price of upgrade piano at the time of upgrading (subject to original piano being in excellent condition).
Venables Pianos review the Yamaha U1Q piano
The Yamaha U1Q (Yamaha U1) is an industry standard instrument. With a responsive touch, wide dynamic range and good sustain, the professional series Yamaha U1 upright has become an established favorite amongst institutions, tutors, students and in the home.
It is widely known that quality upright pianos over 120cm in height invariably sound so much better than those just under. In comparison with the preceeding model P116, 121cm Yamaha uprights deliver a good bass, rich middle and clear treble – coupled with good dynamic range and responsive action.
It is these most recent examples of 121cm Yamaha uprights that have created such a strong market. Earlier offerings still bearing the U1 name do not feature the wide tone range, colour and presence in the bass. So in fact, if you are considering a reconditioned / pre-owned Yamaha U1, don’t be fooled that our praise is for the same instrument.
Whilst we promote new, quality pianos for a good reason, sometimes the piano you want is out of reach and of course a pre-owned example may be tempting. The best option for you in such case is to invest in a B3E or P121. These new models are heavily based on the current and best design U1 – and so they inherit much of the qualities. They do need more preparation to get the best from them, but they are most often the better choice vs a pre-1999 Yamaha U1.