Venables & Son Academy-168
High specification grand piano with a sweet tone throughout. Ideal for homes, vocal accompaniment or intimate recitals. Light and fast action combined with a delicate voice, makes the Venables & Son Academy series grand pianos stand out from the rest.
Featuring luxurious component specification sourced from Europe, including custom profile Abel hammers and Roslau piano wire from Germany, British Hainsworth keyboard cloth and felt, with a premium solid quarter sawn spruce ‘Kölbl Austrian tonewood’ soundboard.
- Venables & Son
- Baby Grand Pianos, Grand Pianos
- H: 110cm - W: 149cm - L: 168cm
- Our Price
- In Stock
Buy the Venables & Son Academy-168 with Venables Pianos and receive complimentary benefits for added value and assurance:
- PreparationVenables are highly-regarded for our piano preparation standards. Full regulation, pedal adjustment, voicing and fine tuning ensures peak performance of your piano before despatch. Bespoke adjustments? No problem.
- DeliveryPrompt delivery from stock by our expert piano moving teams (mainland UK, easy access, excl. stairs).
- StoolSolo, height adjustable piano stool of sturdy build with wide range of adjustment.
- TuningOur after-sale technician network assures you of a local tuner technician to visit for a complementary tuning 4-8 weeks post-delivery (mainland UK).
New Venables & Son Academy-168 Baby Grand Pianos, Grand Pianos
Our Venables & Son Academy-168 Grand Piano features polished birdseye maple inner rim, custom profile Abel hammers (walnut mouldings, underfelted, AA-Wurzen felt), Roslau piano wire, British Hainsworth keyboard cloth and felt, real wood sharps (keytops), premium solid quarter sawn spruce ‘Kölbl Austrian tonewood’ soundboard, full duplex scaling and tone collectors.
These are high specification instruments with a warm, lyrical voice. The bass is warm and fundamental, tenor is dark and rounded, and the treble sings with a delicate bell-like clarity. Venables & Son pianos share these characteristics, ideally suited to those wanting a piano for a more intimate environment, chamber-work or vocal accompaniment.
The World’s finest German ‘Abel’ solid Walnut, underfelted, pear-shaped hammers feature the very best ‘AA Wurzen’ felt.
The European-beech capped vertically laminated (maple) bridge is engineered to provide the most efficient and consistent conduction of string resonance to the soundboard, whilst achieving a rounded, sonorous tone.
Venables & Son Academy-168 Specifications
- Elegant Contrasting Polished Bird-Eye Maple finished Inner Rim
- Bevelled Edge on Top Lid
- Elegant Tapered Legs with Spade Feet and Premium Solid Brass Castors
- Fully Adjustable Music Desk
- Attractive solid brass pedal surround
- Soft Close Fallboard (keyboard lid)
- Wide-tail design (maximises string length and soundboard area for a fuller bass register)
- Full Duplex Scaling
- Tapered Premium ‘Kölbl Austrian tonewood’ Solid Spruce Soundboard
- Premium ‘Helmut Abel’ solid walnut, underfelted, pear-shaped hammers with AA Wurzen felt
- Solid European-beech capped, vertically-laminated (maple) bridge
- British Hainsworth Keyboard Felt and Cloth
- Highly responsive traditional-designed action (no plastic parts)
- Precisely Balanced, Medium-Weighted Solid Spruce Keys
- Solid beech key inserts at balance point, improves feel and extends key durability
- Quality Assured: Global Standard ISO9001:2000 Certification
- Intelligent Scaling with Precision CNC Milled and Drilled Wet Sand Cast Iron Frame
Venables & Son Academy-168 Dimensions
Height 102cm | Width 151cm | Length 168cm (5’6″)